Time for the third convergence session!

We’re approaching the end of week 3 of the Teachers as Designers EVO session and we hope you enjoy looking for inspiration and ideating. It’s time to think of the convergence session on the last day of January (Sunday, the 31st) at 1 pm GMT to discuss the opportunities and challenges the third module has brought you. As usual we’re going to meet in the Adobe Connect room (lent to us kindly by the IATEFL LT SIG) – please click on this link to access it.

On Sunday we’ll be joined by Muriel Garreta Domingo, an expert in design thinking – you might not know this but this session would not have happened without Muriel so we are very pleased to have her as our guest speaker.

murielHere is what Muriel says about herself:

I define myself at the crossroads of design thinking and teaching and learning. I am a passionate user researcher: my goal when working in projects is to fully understand end users and identify the problems / limitations that can be solved and – of course – how! I have worked for 10 years at a fully online University and I have applied my design knowledge into the design of teaching and learning ICT tools and experiences. This is how I “met” the field of learning design. I believe that up until very recently we have placed the focus on the learning materials and/or the ICT tools as opposed to understanding the context in which they will be used and the purpose of why they will be used. The HANDSON project was aimed at promoting this change, thus, we designed the Learning Design Studio for ICT-based Learning Activities MOOC. Which was, in both editions, very successful!

If you’d like to find out more about the HANDSON MOOC please check out their website.

And if you want to know more about Muriel, please have a look at her LinkedIn Profile but the best would be to join the session and ask her questions in real time!

Hope you can make it.

Third convergence session – 31 Jan